I will show you how to use Snapchat with easy steps for guide. Before it, Download and install snapchat app then create an account or sign up to get started. See: Download Snapchat to the iPad All Generations.
You can get snapchat app for your device with choose list in below:
- Download Snapchat App for Android
- Download Snapchat App for iOS
- Download Snapchat App for Windows Phone
- Download Snapchat App for Kindle Fire
- Download Snapchat App for PC/Windows/Laptop/Mac
8 Guide How to Use Snapchat
1. Getting Started:
- Download and install Snapchat App. You need the Snapchat app to create an account and use the service. You can download the Snapchat app for free from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. If you not use Android and iOS, you can get snapchat app with link above.
Tap “Sign Up” after launching the app. This step will take you to the account creation process.
Create a Snapchat account. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address, birthday, and to create a password. Please make sure the email address is valid, as you’ll need it if you ever want to reset your password. See: How to recover Snapchat forgot password quickly. To create snapchat account at least you are 13 years old.
- You’ll need to create a unique username that will be displayed to other Snapchat users. Do not include any personal information in your username. You won’t be able to change this username later, so make sure you like the name. If you want to change your username later, you’ll need to create a new account.
- Snapchat will prompt you to verify your phone number via SMS. Verifying your number allows you to reset your password via text, but is not necessary to create an account.
- Snapchat will require you to select the correct images before your account is created. This is to prevent bots from creating accounts automatically. Tap “Continue” after selecting the images with the Snapchat ghost on them.
- Add friends from your phone’s contact list. Snapchat will scan your phone’s address book to look for other people who are using Snapchat. You can skip this if you’d like by tapping “Continue” and then “Not Allow“.
Start adding friends. You’ll need people to chat with if you want to use Snapchat. Adding someone will let you send Snaps to the person, and view their Story if it is public, but the other person will need to add you back in order to reply to Story snaps or gain access to friends-only Stories. See: How to View Snaps Stories or View a Snapchatter’s Story.
- Maybe many users do not allow Snaps from users that they haven’t added back. If you send a Snap to someone that hasn’t added you back, you’ll likely see “Pending” until your friend request is approved. See: What does pending mean in Snapchat.
Add a friend using their Snapchat username.Add someone to Snapchat with enter their Snapchat username is the quickest way. But if not possible, you can try steps in below.
- Tap the Ghost button at the top of the Snapchat screen. This will open your profile and options.
- Tap “Add Friends“. This will open the Add Friends menu.
- Tap “Add by Username“. The username search will appear.
- Enter the username of the person you want to add. Start typing in the username and results will appear underneath the search field.
- Tap the “+” button next to the user. Depending on their settings, you may see their profile image. Tap “+” will add that user to your friends list.
Add people using their Snapcode. You can use Snapcodes to quickly add people to your friends list.
- Take a photo or screenshot of someone’s Snapcode. You can also point your Snapchat camera at someone’s Snapcode.
- Select “Add by Snapcode” from the “Add Friends” menu.
- Select the image that contains the Snapcode you want to add. That person will be added to your friends list.
2. How to Create a Snap:
- You must Switch between the front and back camera. If your device has a front and a rear camera, you can switch between them by tapping the Camera button in the upper-right corner of the Snapchat screen.
- Tap the circle to take a photo Snap. Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take a still image Snap then camera will capture whatever is currently displayed on the screen.
- Press and hold the circle to record a video Snap. You can record up to 10 seconds of video in single Snap.
- Tap the “X” in the upper-left corner to discard the Snap. But if you don’t like the picture or video Snap you took, tap the “X‘ to discard it.
Tap the Timer button to set a time limit on photo Snaps. Photo Snaps will have a Timer button that allows you to set a time limit between 1 and 10 seconds. So when the recipient is viewing the Snap, it will close automatically after the timer runs out.
3. How to Sending the Snap:
- Tap the Download button to save the Snap to your phone.
- Tap the “Send” button in the lower-right corner when you’re happy with your Snap.
Tap each recipient that you want to send the Snap to.
- Tap the “Send” button after selecting contacts.
- Tap “My Story” to add your Snap to your Story instead.
4. How to Using Lenses to Change Your Face:
- Switch to the Selfie camera. You can use the Lenses feature in Snapchat to scan your face. You can do this with either the front or the rear camera, but you’ll find it easier if you’re taking selfie. You need tap the Camera button in the upper-right corner to switch to your front-facing camera. You can’t apply the Lens effects to Snaps you’ve already taken so you need to activate Lenses before you take a Snap.Note: Snapchat will need to detect your face in the camera, so make sure you’re in a well-lit room or outside so that your face is clearly defined on the screen.
- Press and hold your face. After a few moments, you’ll see a wire frame pattern appear over your face, and the effects options will appear at the bottom of the screen.Note: If you can’t get Lenses to start, your device may not be compatible. Lenses requires Android 4.3+ on newer devices, or the latest version of iOS. Older iOS and Android devices may not work, even if they’re running the latest software versions.
- Swipe through the available options. Selections of effects rotates on a daily basis, with the oldest Lens in the list being replaced by a new one. If you don’t see the effect you want, check back in the next few days.
- Take or record a Snap with your chosen effect. You can take and record Snaps just like you would normally with tap the circle button (which displays the Lens choice) to take a photo Snap with the current effect, or press and hold to record a video.
5. How to Swapping Faces with Lenses:
Open the Lenses feature.
- Select the “Face Swap” Lens.
- Take off your glasses.
- Align your two faces with the dotted smiley outlines.
- Take a Snap then save your Snap.
6. How to Add Emojis, Stickers, Text, Drawings, and Filters
- Tap the Sticker button to see stickers and emoji.
- Swipe left and right on the Sticker screen to see different categories.
- Tap a sticker to add it to your Snap.
- Use two fingers to adjust the size and rotation of sticker. Pinch the sticker in and out to adjust the size then rotate your two fingers on the screen to rotate the sticker.
Tap the “T” button to add a caption. Then tap the “T” again to increase the size of the text and change the color.
Use two fingers to adjust the size and rotation of the text. Like stickers, you can use your fingers to move the text, rotate it, and change the size.
Tap the Pencil button to draw on your Snap.
Swipe left and right to view the available filters. See: How to Make Your Own Snapchat Geofilters with App.
7. How to Chatting with Snapchat:
Update your Snapchat app. See: How to Get New Snapchat Update Features 2017.
- Open the sent and received Snaps section of Snapchat with tap the button in the lower-left corner or swipe from the left side of the screen to open your inbox.
- Tap the “Chat” button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the user you want to chat with.
- Enter text using the keyboard.
- Tap the “Photos” button to open your phone’s gallery to send your photos. See: How to Upload Pictures to Snapchat Story.
Tap the “Phone” button to place an audio call or press and hold the “Phone” button to record an audio note.
- Tap the “Video” button to place a video call or press and hold the “Video” button to record a video note.
- Tap the “Smiley” button to open the sticker list.
Tap the “Circle” button to open the Snapchat screen.
8. How to Use Snapchat for Business
Snapchat is one of social media the fastest growing because over 100 million daily active users and 400 million snaps per day. 70% of Snapchat’s users fall into the 18 to 35 age range, so Snapchat is becoming a vital part of global marketing strategies. I will show you 6 Ways to Use Snapchat for Business here.
OK, article in above is How to Use Snapchat with 8 Guide for Beginners, but you can get Snapchat Tips: 10 Things you need to know here. Lets check it!